The Development Assistant supports the Development Department with a focus on gift processing, data entry, communications and direct mail campaigns, as well as event planning. This position is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced team environment where you’ll gain hands-on experience and learn valuable career-building skills.
Associate Director, Annual Fund
• Process, file, and acknowledge all gifts to the Society including pledges made through the telefunding campaign. Draft all acknowledgement letters for the organization.
• Oversee preparation of event invitations, direct mail and major gift appeals, telefunding pledge fulfillment materials, and other development communications. Compile distribution lists, prepare materials, and assemble mailings.
• Maintain development content in the Raiser’s Edge database. Process all updates, track communications and patron activity, and export information from the database as needed for reports and communications.
• Research patrons and institutions using a variety of online sources and H&H participation history to provide profiles with biographical data, philanthropic interests, past philanthropic gifts, etc.
• Provide on-site support for special events and front of house support for all subscription concerts. Take RSVPs and respond to questions regarding all Development Department events.
• Produce donor lists for concert program books and other materials.
• Create VIP concert seating lists.
• Prepare monthly fundraising benchmarks and development year-end analysis. Prepare all reports required by the department for the Society’s annual audit process.
• Provide clerical support for the Capital Campaign as needed in coordination with the Campaign Manager.
• Assist in the management of Development Department interns.
• Maintain department operations manual.
• Provide clerical support to the Development Department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
• Minimum 1 year prior development experience or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database software preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Impeccable organizational and time management skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to successfully interact with diverse groups of people
• Creativity and flexibility
• Professionalism in all settings
• Display initiative and excellent judgment
• Knowledge of classical music preferred
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as required for concerts and events
Salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package included.Position requires occasional lifting of heavy printed materials, large boxes and retail merchandise as well as the repetitive, daily use of a computer. The Handel and Haydn Society is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace by maintaining a staff that represents the traditions and voices of contemporary Boston. Interviews will not be scheduled until we have a diverse pool of candidates from which to select.
How to Apply:
1. Complete the online application at: http://bit.ly/HqBxiz
2. Submit cover letter and résumé with subject line “Development Assistant” to:
Associate Director, Annual Fund
Handel and Haydn Society
300 Massachusetts Avenue
Boston, MA 02115