Reports to: Development Associate
The Special Events/Fundraising Intern will work with members of the Development staff to advance the mission of the Handel and Haydn Society. Responsibilities will encompass individual giving and institutional giving (grants and sponsorships). Tasks may include prospect research, donor communications, grant and report writing, event planning and strategizing, and database maintenance. Concert and event duties will also be assigned. Upon completion of the internship, the Special Events/Fundraising Intern will have a working knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge (fundraising software), and Development within nonprofit organizations.
Flexible—minimum 10 hours per week (office hours: Mon–Fri, 9am–5pm).
- Undergraduate or Master’s student or graduate
- Interest in development and fundraising
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PC platform)
- Knowledge of classical music preferred
How to Apply
Please send application to Meredith Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org.