Handel Jephtha and Vivaldi The Four Seasons
From April 26 – May 1, 2013, Artistic Director Harry Christophers will take the H&H Period Instrument Orchestra and Chorus on tour to California with Handel’s oratorio Jephtha and Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. H&H premiered Jephtha in the US and has not performed it since 1867; Californians will be the first to hear H&H perform the work in 146 years. The West Coast Tour features four concerts in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and Santa Barbara.
H&H is pleased to offer the opportunity for patrons to join Harry Christophers and H&H musicians on tour from Friday, April 26, 2013 to Wednesday, May 1, 2013.The cost of this 6-day, 5-night tour is $4,000 per person or $6,200 per couple and includes meals of fine Californian food and wine, private museum visits, a private chamber performance by H&H musicians, and stays at Four Seasons hotels.
Patrons joining us will be responsible for their own travel between Boston and California. Local ground transportation will be provided. Please reserve your place no later than February 1, 2013 by contacting Executive Assistant Wei Jing Saw (email@example.com or 617 262 1815).
The following is a preliminary itinerary (subject to change):
Friday, April 26, 2013
- Patrons arrive independently in San Francisco, checking in at the Four Seasons hotel, San Francisco.
- Dinner at Meritage in the Claremont Hotel.
- H&H performance of Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons at 8pm at the First Congregational Church, Berkeley.
- A short champagne celebration will be held after the concert to kick off the tour.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
- Dinner at the acclaimed Chez Panisse in Berkeley. Patrons will enjoy a carefully selected 3 or 4-course prix fixe dinner featuring the finest locally-sourced organic produce.
- H&H performance of Handel’s Jephtha at 7pm at First Congregational Church, Berkeley, followed by a post-concert reception.
Sunday, April 28, 2013
- Brunch and chamber concert by H&H musicians in a private suite of the Four Seasons Hotel.
- Private tour of the De Young Museum which is host to an exhibition of Dutch masterpieces from the Mauritshuis, including Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl Earring; as well as an exhibition of graphic artists of the 17th Century that includes Rembrandt etchings.
Monday, April 29, 2013
- Fly from San Francisco to Los Angeles.
- Dinner at Asanebo in the Valley, a Michelin star, Japanese inspired fusion restaurant; along with a lecture on Handel’s Jephtha.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
- Lunch and private tour of the Getty Museum in Los Angeles, which has a substantial collection of European paintings, drawings, sculpture, illuminated manuscripts, decorative arts, and European and American photographs.
- Tour of Disney Hall before having dinner at Patina, a French fine-dining restaurant, also located at the hall.
- H&H performance of Handel’s Jephtha at 8pm at Disney Hall, followed by a post-concert reception.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
- Patrons depart independently from Los Angeles, return to Boston.