Blue Heron music director Scott Metcalfe makes his H&H debut in this festive program featuring Bach’s Cantata 62, which was composed for the first Sunday of Advent, and music from the 17th century German tradition, one of Metcalfe’s specialties.
- Martin Luther Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland
- Michael Praetorius Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland (from Polyhymnia caduceatrix)
- J.S. Bach Cantata 62, Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland
- J.C. Bach Lieber Herr Gott, wecke uns auf
- J.L. Bach Overture from Suite in G Major
- J.B. Bach Suite No. 2 in G Major
- Praetorius Vom Himmel hoch (from Polyhymnia caduceatrix)
- Praetorius Puer natus in Bethlehem (from Polyhymnia caduceatrix)
- Samuel Scheidt Gelobet seystu Jesu Christ a 8
- Praetorius In dulci jubilo a 8 (from Musae Sioniae)
Artists, dates, and programming are subject to change.
Bach: Cantata 62, Nun Komm, der Heiden Heiland
(The Monteverdi Choir and The English Baroque Soloists; Sir John Eliot