Learn more about H&H's rich history and explore our interactive timeline.
Legendary soprano Arleen Auger brings these breathtaking Haydn cantatas and arias to life. Accompanied by Christopher Hogwood and the Handel and Haydn Society Orchestra, Auger contributes not only her rich tone and technical brilliance, but also an intricate and complete understanding of the music to this stunning performance. Authentic and deeply emotional, this is a recording that is not to be missed.
- Bernice che fai, cantata, H. 24a/10
- Son pietosa, son bonina, aria for soprano & orchestra, H. 32/1b (for a pastiche opera by several composers, Circe, ossia L'isola inca)
- Arianna a Naxos ('Teseo mio ben'), cantata for soprano & keyboard, H. 26b/2
- Solo e pensoso, aria for soprano & orchestra (from Petrarch: Il Canzoniere), H. 24b/20
- Miseri noi, misera Patria, cantata for soprano & orchestra, H. 24a/7